At your first visit, Dr. Byrd will perform a visual examination and create a tentative treatment plan for you. This consultation will last approximately 30 – 45 minutes. Most, if not all, of your questions concerning orthodontics will be answered by Dr. Byrd. You will then meet with the office Treatment Coordinator. Questions about insurance and financial arrangements will also be addressed at this time.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have dental insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
This consultation appointment is provided as a complimentary service; no charge! Give us a call and we'll gladly get you scheduled.